viernes, 1 de junio de 2012

Mexico Trip 2012. Day 7- Day 9


DAY 7: BACK TO NORMAL

There were no major developments this day. The doctor checked Libby one more time and asked us to come back on Saturday to give her more shots, vacciones and stuff so she wouldn't get sick as much as she was getting. But we didn't come back. 

I am not a doctor, but my short experience in college told me that you just don't give medicine when there is no need for it, especially with a baby. Dr.Pope would take care of her when we came back, and he did. 

Please feel free to read WELCOME HOME LIBBY.


DAY 8: THE PARTY

Saturday morning I woke up at 6 am to fix my hair. A friend of mine told me I looked like a mother. Well, I am a mother. Libby was very tired in the morning even though she had slept from 9 pm to 7 am. She fell asleep in my arms on the way to the park where her party took place. 


Birthday girl resting before her ordeal :)


We made a lot of noise getting the tables ready, but she never woke up. She slept for two hours. That was good, my princess needed to be well rested before the whole family arrived.

We had 70 or so guests. There was plenty of food, after all. I guess you remember that was the whole point of my stress before going to Mexico, as I wrote in one of the previous posts.



Before
After



My princess woke up at 11 am sharp as her Mommy had predicted when she decided to change the shcedule for how the party was gonna work out. Daddy and Grandma had planned something really good, but they are not all day long with Libby, so they don't really know the details of her sleeping hours, and the times when she is most comfortable and enjoyable :))

I said she would be her happiest between 11 am - 3 pm, and that's how it happened. She totally lost it after we cut the cake, as I had said, and took a nap right there in the middle of everybody. What can I say? I'm the pillar of this house, am I not?



Enjoying her new dress



My father in law had been vomiting and with diarrhea the night before. I'm telling you, there was this virus or something running around. Medicine my sister brought for him didn't help. 

We had two cakes, thanks to my mom. Libby had, of course, a Harry The Bunny strawberry cake. Daddy had a Beer, tres leches one. Libby also had a Harry Piñata that Pamela made for her, and she also made Bunny souvenirs.


Daddy's cake
Libby's cake









Piñata

Bunnies with candy













We had a really good time and sang Las Mañanitas to both Emerson and Libby. Each one blew their candles. We came back to the hotel around 6 pm since we needed to pack for next day's flight. And the cleaning lady had just started to clean my room... at 6 pm!

Libby had an accident with poop again, she needed a shower right away, me too. But there were no clean towels. The lady had to go get them. I was so mad. So, I know I have to be thankful, but that has nothing to do with the fact that if you pay for a service, you have the right to expect a good one. 

Anyways, this was an email I wrote pretending to be Emerson. They asked him to grade the hotel, and he said they were regular. They asked him again to tell them what had happened that he didn't grade them excellent, and so Emerson told me, "This is your chance, fire away..."  

"Well, I have stayed at different hotels all of them with excellent service. Your hotel didn't provide the service I was expecting.  To start with, I was told they would email me as soon as my room was ready (I got there before check-in time), but they never emailed me. Later during the week, we ran out of Kleenex and shampoo, and the cleaning lady didn't leave any for us. My wife had to ask the person at the lobby to please tell the person cleaning our room what we were missing. She had to do this two days in a row without an answer.  Actually, after two days in a row without shampoo,  my wife had to tell the cleaning lady in person what we needed.  The day before last my wife needed a band aid, and you don't have a first aid kit at the lobby. The last day, my wife needed to take a shower very fast, since our daughter had diarrhea, and she had an accident. But the person in charge of cleaning the room was beginning to clean it at 6 pm.  My wife needed to wait for the person to get the towels so she could have a shower and give a shower to our daughter. We were also told you only had one crib for babies, and the first person to ask for it would take it, and so we had to bring our pack n play all the way from the US so that our daughter would be able to sleep. What would happen if you have multiple guests with babies? You should have a handful of them. You cannot tell a guest you only have one crib, and the first person asking for it will take it. That is about it.  I was very kind in saying it was regular, trying to understand it could have been a lot of major bad coincidences. My wife would have graded it as awful, not even bad."

 Thank you,
 Mr . Nunez


I got us two free nights in a Deluxe Room and free breakfast next time we visit. Too bad we are not coming back for 2012. I also forgot to mention in the email that on Saturday night, after the party, we ate at their restaurant and my husband got the runs for eating their enchiladas. But, we are not sure it was their enchiladas, so I couldn't told them that. They would've given us a whole week :))

Emerson threw up all night, and had diarrhea all night long. He is just recovering. I think yesterday (Thursday) was his first day with normal, more solid poop. Of course, I didn't get sick, although I tried them.


Posing with Mommy
Birthday people


Beautiful
Playing with my necklace


Resting a little bit before the cake
Hitting the piñata



Happy 1st Birthday!!
Happy 29th Birthday!!



Lost the glamour after the cake


DAY 9: FLYING HOME

So we didn't pack that night since Emerson was sick, but the next morning while Libby took her morning nap. At the airport she was exhausted, but after crying for ten minutes, she fell asleep before take off. She woke up before landing, and was very active and whiny, but nothing really bad. We just wanted to get home...



Waiting to board


So the trip was fun...NOT!! 

It was a good trip though, we learned many tings that we needed to learn, I guess. God strengthened us in many ways. At least I feel my faith grew, and that I made a difference in some people's lives. Don't know when we will get back, but this time I just hope at least my husband gives me an upgrade to the Marriott or similar :))  

Thank you, God, for my family. And thank you also for giving us the opportunity to live in this country.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario