lunes, 14 de julio de 2014

Dori goes missing


The story for us began last night, July the 12th. I have written a lot of stuff in the last 24 hours, so I won't rewrite it.

Just read.





Two nights later...
















Still in shock, I just did what I could do: I prayed, and asked our friends to pray.










I also texted Mr. Jeff. He's like, my mentor.  He has been for such a long time now, and he and his wife are such good friends of us.









So we cried and cried last night, and this morning. Emerson asked not to tell anything to anyone. So I was terribly, terribly sad today. I couldn't really cry last night for being taking care of the children, while Emerson slept alone on the bed. 


Roller coaster of emotions today!!!  My goodness!!





So after talking to the Rodriguez tonight, we found out Dori had made it to the apartments the night she left, two nights ago, on July the 10th. A family saw her wandering around and took her in. They made signs for her. 

The sign said she was really sweet. Aww...

I'm still in shock because this morning I was crying because I might never see her again (only God knows), and tonight I was crying because God answered our prayers. I cried because I was so relieved. I cried out of thankfulness. I still can't believe how these things can happen in somebody's life. It's just amazing. It was a miracle for me, really. 

I also can't believe how she crossed Telge or Huffmeister without getting hit. Which takes me to this: I prayed for her safety two nights after this had happened, how did God answer my prayers, our prayers, in advance? Because He cares. God did not make this happen. Dori left because she was looking for us, and for all I know, now she'll be microchipped and tagged, and whatever... but God cared for that dog. That dog... Ahhh!! 

DORIIIIIIIII!!!!!!

























"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" ~ Matt 6:26



God cares for you in such an amazing way. Please never forget that. God also saved Dori. He put that sweet family there to take of her. He gave peace to my husband last night because he was dead asleep -passed out crying- but he was out until 10 am. this morning. 

Still don't know why this happened, I asked God last night. Why? Why this? Why now? I might never know. I believe there was a purpose. My husband prayed. He felt at peace. Most of all we didn't blame The Rodriguez. We weren't upset with them. Emerson loves John so much... I don't know. There is purpose in this. I'm still in shock to figure that out. But Libby saw Daddy and Mommy crying. And she asked questions, and I talked to her about hope, and trusting in God even when you don't understand what the hell is going around you.






I mean, it was kind of a happy ending for everybody. And I understand that this won't happen always, you know, happy endings. But it's freaking awesome when it happens!

So thankful tonight that Dori is resting tonight after pooping so much (I think she held it the whole time since she was stressed). 

More thankful for God's faithfulness :) 


Tired after two days of being away





1 comentario: