lunes, 5 de diciembre de 2011

Weekend of many firsts


Libby's stroller got here Thursday night. I think I was more excited than her for obvious reasons. First, she doesn't even know what's going on; and second, it's not like she runs. Most of all, I think Dori is the one that really is gonna LOVE the thing. 

FedEx Delivery guy.
Daddy putting it togehter
Dec 1st, 2011. All Libby needs now is a sibling :))

This Saturday we went together as a family, yes, the four of us, for a run. It was a wake up call. Man, pushing that thing is tiring. It is huge. Of course, Emerson says I'm overreacting. But after a year of not running due to having a baby inside of me; and then, having a new born, running two miles was kinda difficult.

Although...it wasn't that difficult. I was feeling pretty tired even before we got to the play area (before we had run 1 mile). But there was something inside of me that didn't let me quit. See, I've always been a quitter when it comes to running and giving my best effort. But after having Elizabeth and pushing her out of me...running pain is nothing, feels like nothing. 

I mean, 9 lb. 4 oz. baby, vaginally, with pitocin and NO epidural... THAT is painful, not a 2 mile-run.

"Oh, Bugs Bunny band aids!!"
So having my baby with me while I run reminds me of the goodness of God. He has blessed us more than we deserve.  

After running, Libby tried yogurt and cheerios for the first time. I think she loved yogurt; Cheerios, I'm not sure. It is difficult to chew on them, I guess. 

On Friday, we went to her 6 month check up. She is 25.75 inches long and weighs 16.8 lb!! She got 4 shots.  

Four!!!  She cried, of course, but she was over it after I hugged her and told her I was so proud of her. Mommy's hugs have this thing I can't really describe :))


Last night, we went to the Christmas Program at our church. The children were really cute. Libby got her first pictures with Santa taken. It was really neat listening to Santa reading the true Christmas Story from the Bible, and telling the children Christmas wasn't about him, or the gifts, but about the birth of Jesus, our Savior. 

Dec 4th, 2011. First Photo with Santa.

For a moment I thought about doing Santa with her, but I won't. She'll know the truth. We can pretend there is a Santa, it's fun to pretend. Like when you pretend you are a dinosaur, but you know you are not really one. Or you pretend you are a monster, but you are not one. It's fun to pretend, but she will know Santa doesn't really exist. 

Most importantly, she'll know what Christmas is really about. 



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario