jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2011

Libby loves BSF


I guess it hit me yesterday that my baby is growing up. I know she is growing, she is big and heavy...but she is a human being, independent, and she really doesn't need me all the time. It's saddening...
Nov 28th, 2011. Helping Mommy in the kitchen.


When I began breastfeeding her I felt it was a constant struggle for me being nursing her every two hours around the clock. I've heard stories of moms that have breastfed until the child is like 2 years old and more. And at the beginning I was like, "You've gotta be crazy to do that!!"



But now, when I have her in my arms I get really sad when I think that soon I'll be giving up on breastfeeding. Not because I want to, but because as much as I love her, I know that she doesn't really need my milk forever. She is eating solids and she is drinking less milk now. It will be less and less with time. But I don't want to let her go...I honestly cry at the thought of stop nursing her. I feel like she won't ever need me anymore, but I know she will, just in a different way.


Anyway...all this came to mind because yesterday we went to our Bible Study. We go to Bible Study Fellowship, that's an awesome ministry. The leaders of her class are amazing and they read Bible Stories to them, they pray for them, they play with them, and she is always so happy.



Nov 30th, 2011

Yesterday I was in my discussion group feeling very anxious about her. I knew she needed to eat and I was just expecting someone to come and let me know she was screaming or something (last week that's what it happened, but it was because she was very tired).

So I rushed out of my classroom when my discussion was over, and when I got into her classroom, she was so happy playing with toys and one of the leaders. She didn't even notice me!

Seriously, she saw me, but either she didn't recognize me (which I highly doubt at this point) or she just didn't care. She was like, "Oh... Hi, Mom, what's up?"

I love that...the fact that she is a happy baby, joyful I have to say... I prayed during all my pregnancy that she would be joyful, that she would feel the peace of God, that she would be eager to listen from and about God, and she does. I swear she calms down and listens when we are talking about God  and Jesus.

But it's bitter sweet, because I feel she is MY baby. But I know she is not, she is my gift from God, but I'm just her steward. My job is to help her be the woman God created her to be.

Nov 30th, 2011. Chilling in the bathtub.

This morning  we were talking about what God expects from her once she becomes a Christian. She is not a Christian, but if she ever chooses to follow Jesus, I explained to her what Hebrews 5 is all about. 


Jesus saves you because He loves you. That is the promise God gives you. If you make Jesus the boss of your life, you will have eternal life. God will never, ever take away your salvation from you. But the fact that you know that is just but the basics of your Christian life. 


God loves you, but He wants you to mature as a Christian. He died for you, but He also wants you to grow up spiritually. It's your choice, like everything else. But why wouldn't you want to mature and get to know Jesus in a deeper level, after all He has done for you?? Only by growing up, and eating solid food you will be able to distinguish good from evil according to Hebrews 5: 14. Solid food is the word of God.

I tried to explain this by telling her that she is now a baby and drinks my milk, but one day she will go to school and she will need to take different classes. And at the beginning of the school year her teacher will tell her what subjects she will be covering. She will have a book to study, but she needs to open that book in order to excel in the class.

She has the choice to study or not for the course, but if she decides not to study, she shouldn't be surprised if she fails the class. God gave you what you need to face life, He gave you The Book, but you have to open it, read it, and apply it for you to get the most out of life.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario