domingo, 21 de octubre de 2012

The Nunez Family Reloaded


Few things in life have made me think, "I'm not doing this ever again, EVER...". Actually, I guess just two things: Bungee jumping and having a baby. 

After throwing myself to the abyss of 160 ft, I felt like I wasn't risking my life ever again. In fact, I blacked out for the first couple of seconds after jumping. There was a point in my life when I was afraid of dying, and although I'm not afraid anymore -because I know where I'm going- I'm not putting my life in any unnecessary risk just for the sake of a stupid rush of adrenaline, if you know what I mean.

In regards to having babies, that pain is something I cannot even describe because both my labors I have made it without an epidural and with pitocin. They say pitocin makes things go faster, but in my case, that is just a myth. A nurse set the record straight for me and said that happens only if the baby is in the right position, and in the right everything. Well, both my babies stay inside of me for ten hours even after the pitocin was administered, making labor painfully long.



Nursing pad fail!



I'm not having any more babies. And I know, I know you never know... but I do know. I used to think that everything that happens in this life is God's plan for you, but that is kind of a gray area that I'm still working on. God has plan for you, yes, He has one. But that doesn't mean you are His puppet and He's gonna make you do whatever He wants you to do. He gave you a brain to use and the will to make decisions. It's like saying that it was God's will if someone gets pregnant at 14 while having premarital sex. That's not God's will, it is not, it is in the Bible it is not. So why did she get pregnant? Because it is the natural consequence for her actions. Did God let it happen? Yes. Why? I don't know, but it is not His will. 



Cool Libby
Napping... all he does lately 












So... I don't wanna have more children, and unless God pulls a Mary-kinda-miracle, I'm not having another baby. Not because I don't think I'm capable of handling three, but because I don't want to experience that pain anymore. That Eve screw things up for us women, and if you don't know what I'm talking about please refer to Genesis 3:16.   

Anyway, I am still a little tired after pushing Enzo out, but day by day I'm feeling better. I'm not really tired, just... I don't know, my core hurts because I walked yesterday, and even tough it wasn't a workout, it made me remember I just had a baby :)



Stacking blocks the hard way :)



We are so very blessed. A guy I know posted something telling my husband that he was one of God's favorites. Since I don't know him, I mean, really know him to the point of being able to talk about deep things I didn't say anything. I just wanted to say that all of us can be God's favorites. Actually, we are. Why in the freaking world would someone die for you if not out of love? Why would I give up my son or my daughter for someone else's benefit? Nah uh... Only God gave up Jesus because He loves us all. The thing is we are slow to realize that kind of love exists.

I'm learning to slow down, even more. It's amazing how fast my routine with Libby was. I thought it was slow. But no, it was pretty fast. I'm so blessed to have Libby as Enzo's big sister. She is so helpful, so patient and kind, and gentle with him. He is already blessed to have her, and he doesn't even know it :))
  



She will always be my favorite girl :)))







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario