miércoles, 4 de abril de 2012

Grandma is here


There is no time to waste because Elizabeth is having her morning nap, and I have tons of things to write.

So, Grandma Azu got here a day later because the airline messed up and oversold tickets. Because of that we couldn't go walk with her Saturday morning. Libby, Daddy, Mommy and Dori went together, tough.

After that, she took a nap, and after lunch, we went to pick up Grandma at the airport. Then we went to Canino's; and after that, we went to Ikea to buy a plastic cover for the dining room area where Elizabeth eats. 

Daddy thought it was a good idea to cover the carpet because it has been stained with all the food Libby throws to Dori. I had already told him we should buy something like that, "But nobody listens to ME, and now we have a boyfriend in the house."

Daddy bought for her new toys for her to play with, a little house with shaped holes to put the pieces in, and some building blocks.


Playing with her new toys
Playing piano with Dad



Going after one
This girl has a lot of energy, as Grandma can tell. We are so blessed to have her as our daughter. 

All I know is that God keeps answering our prayers day after day, and He's keeping her safe.

Would you believe that she took off a little plastic piece from a door stopper and was chewing on it for at least two minutes?

Coming back
She was playing with the door stopper, and we could hear the sound of the spring going back and forth, and then she went to the bathroom, and I had to go after her, but only because I knew I had left the door open. 

When I saw her, she was drooling a lot, and I asked her what she was chewing in an alarmed voice. Daddy got there, put his finger inside her mouth, and out came the plastic thingy. How come she didn't choke?

Exploring Grandma's suitcase

God, thank you, thank you... Maybe she is teething, and wanted to chew on something. Maybe she wasn't hungry. Whatever it was, thank you, God. 

Well, that was on Saturday. Then, on Saturday night, or more like in the middle of the night, Elizabeth woke up at 2 am. 



Getting down carefully
She never stopped crying and couldn't get back to sleep. I tried to rock her, sing to her, but nothing happened. 

Daddy ended up taking her out for a car ride, and they stopped at IHOP. They had to leave because a couple was fighting and they got really loud, and nobody said nothing. 


He says she was all excited, but on the way back, she fall asleep.  

Apr 1, 2012. A dog's night at IHOP


On Sunday, we went to buy stuff at Sams, and other than that, we just rested because of the night before. 

On Monday, we went to the library to story time with Grandma. Elizabeth woke up just before it started, so she was kind of shy, but she warmed up at the very end. 

A boy was taking all the toys she was playing with away from her. I was just -hypocritically, I have to say- smiling. What do you want me to say? I wasn't happy this boy was being a douche with my girl, and that his parents or grandparents weren't around to tell him not to be an idiot with my baby, and let her play with the toys she had in the first place!!

 I just smiled and let him have them. I was telling Elizabeth, "It is kind to share toys, baby".  I was thinking at the same time, "It's just that this boy it's a selfish bastage, that doesn't know what sharing means."

But anyway, when she was down to one toy, and this boy was about to take it, I firmly took his hand and said, "Uh, Uh...we are playing with that one, thank you", and smiled (while at the same time my eyes were telling him, "Don't even dare to take it from me, because you won't have it. I don't care if I'm the grown up here, you won't have my baby's toy, asshole"). 

So he left, and I felt like Super Mom, defending my baby's toy from this 2-year-old jerk. I normally don't say bad words, and I never write them, but don't mess with my babies, because I will kill you. 

In the other hand, there was  very sweet Asian girl who was giving Libby a lot of toys to play with. She actually would put toys in front of Libby to grab. She deserves to be put up in my blog. 


Sweet girl in blue
Maracas' Baby



So that's it for now. Next post is about yesterday, Free Tuesday at the Zoo :)))



"Uh, uh... Don't mess with us or Mom will get you"

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario