miércoles, 9 de mayo de 2012

G.I. Libby


I don't think God is a tyran who makes us do whatever He pleases. Neither do I think that He is a softy who can be manipulated by our desires. God has a perfect balance. He disciplines us, but at the same time, He is compassionate towards us.

That is what I want to do with my children.

After reading yesterday's post, I asked God this morning exactly how I was supposed to make my children obey me, and even more than that, what I needed to do for them to want to obey. 

I usually pray with Merrith on our morning walk, but today we didn't go to BSF, since Libby is sick – again. So I had the opportunity to pray for a bunch of stuff.

The Bible says that when we do not know what we should pray for, the Spirit of God himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

I don't really know how it happened. I was trying to ask God a very specific question, but I couldn't think of it.  I knew it in my heart, but I needed to use my words, like Emerson says.

May 8, 2012. Smiley Raikika.


I was trying to tell God something that He would understand... but the good thing is God is not my husband. 

He knew what I wanted to ask. Before I could even begin to speak, He brought 2 Kings 20:1- 6 to mind:


In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, "This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover."

Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, "Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him, "Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, 'This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. I will add fifteen years to your life. And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city for my sake and for the sake of my servant David.'"

I'm no Bible scholar, okay? I actually didn't hear all this... I just remembered "Put your house in order because you are going to die", and my iPhone did the dirty work for me.

This king Hezekiah was the only faithful king the southern kingdom had in a 100-year period. Because of his prayer and faith, God healed him and saved the city from the Assyrians.

When I read this -while at the same time I continued walking- I still had no idea of the question I wanted to ask. But God knew better. He knew that all I needed was for Him to tell me that sometimes He lets go.

Sometimes He doesn't give me immediate time outs when I deserve them.

I let Elizabeth go free today when she touched the computer. When I saw her do it, I just told her to remember that was a No, No. I grabbed her hand, and pointed her towards the living room. She followed me. She didn't care about the computer that much.

I've noticed that she actually keeps on touching it every time I start counting, but today all I did was to tell her to come with me, and she followed me... Oh, well. I still need to learn so many things about children, I guess. Like for example how to take care of two at the same time :)

Libby has begun to walk. She takes five or six steps at a time. She used to do three or four, and just jumped into your arms, but now she is walking in a calmer way, without trying to run. The other day she almost hit her head on the wall just because she wanted to go so fast. She let go, and started walking from the wooden bench, while I was in the kitchen.



First steps


Daddy built an obstacle course for her yesterday. It seemed that she liked it. The mission was to rescue La Nena. I don't like that doll, I don't know. I just don't want Libby to get attached to any toy, because if for whatever reason she loses it, it will be the end of the world.

I have seen her play with all of them, Perrito Guau Guau, Gatito Miau, Ranita Ruaba Ruaba, El Tío Chucho, Blue Blue, Mr. E, among others. But lately, she has been grabbing La Nena for everything...

Daddy is getting her a Harry The Bunny. See, I wouldn't mind for her to develop this dependency for Harry, I think it would actually be cute. Maybe I am in love with that bunny. I honestly love him. He is so cute, and she always smiles when she watches the show. It melts my heart.



Going in
Crossing diaper tunnel





"I've got you, Nena"
Figuring a way out






On the way in, everything was fine, she got La Nena, and she was happy. But coming out, she realized it wasn't that easy. She began crying and I felt bad. Almost like we were making her cry for selfish motives, just for us to see her play.

But Emerson told me to let her cry, that this was a challenge, and that she needed to solve the problem in any way she could. So she did. She tried to push the pack n' play first, but she couldn't. 

Then she moved the box out of the way, climbed over the bench, and then rescued the doll. 

G.I. Jane, my butt.





"Let me go first, Nena"
"Now come with me"






Proud Mommy
After the rescue with Daddy





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario