miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2012

All you need is perspective


I remember the day we received Emerson's job permit while we were still living in Columbus. I had been praying about it, to receive it on time, otherwise he couldn't start working, and we were about to move to Houston. But it got there, just on time.

I was still taking prayer walks in the morning with Dori. I would just walk and pray, and everyday I felt God and His goodness in my life. 

Then one day, I ran out of things to pray for. God answered every thing I had been praying for, every single thing. I called Jeff because I didn't know what to do, I didn't know if this was normal.



Sleeping again
My babies sleeping


He told me to read Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

He said we always have things to thank God for. And if God had answered my prayers, now I could thank Him for all that. I felt silly, because I knew that verse, I just never understood it in that way. Then he told me that I shouldn't feel silly because that was what Peter meant in 2 Peter 1:2, "So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live..."

Sometimes we need to be reminded of things we already know, because it is very easy to forget those things.

Yesterday, I was the main character of my own version of Matthew 8:24, where Jesus calmed the storm. I actually freaked out, and crying I said with my actions, "Lord, save us! We are going to drown!"

We have been dealing with financial issues that are not important, I will not go into the details. Enough is to say that I lost perspective of who is taking care of us.



Baby doing laundry



This morning I didn't want to go to BSF, I felt sad still after last night, and I just felt like I didn't want to go. Emerson said I had not been there lately, and something made me get up, and get ready. 

We had a hectic morning because we got out late to drop off Emerson, and then we had breakfast at Rudy's. There is something in me that tells me that the world can stop, but my family always, always is going to eat breakfast. We don't skip breakfast.

So after Rudy's, we went to Walmart for some milk so that Elizabeth could have her smoothie after BSF, since she sleeps like three hours when we come back. And after all that, we ended up getting like 20 minutes late there. But we made it. 

It would've been very easy for me not to go, especially becuase after Walmart, she was alrady very tired, and yawning. 

But we went, and during the lecture I realized that I needed to be there. I heard many things that convicted me for wanting an easy life. Stuff like, "The deliverance offered in the Christian gospel has made some believers imagine that suffering will be removed from them. This brings confusion when they are faced with hardships that come to all people in their personal, family, and community lives."

"A wife is called to submit to her husband as the spiritual leader of the home. And even more if she doesn't feel like she's been led."

"Jesus knew how to live with little and even went without." 


"Peter tells women to do what is right, and not give away to fear."

I gave away to fear yesterday. I wasn't the godly woman I want to be. I don't even dare to say that I was not the godly woman God expects me to be, because I don't think He expects perfection from me. He knows I can't be perfect.

I didn't show my husband that I trusted him, when I really do. He is my rock, He is so strong in things I am not. 



"You just need perspective, Mommy"



I know I needed perspective because when you face trials, no matter what kind, you either turn to God for help, or you turn away and blame Him.

"God cares about your sufferings, all sufferings are important to Him. He will care for you."

"Discipleship was never meant to be easy, There's a price to follow Jesus. It is enough to remember what Jesus said in Matthew 16:24, 'If anyone would come after me, He must deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.'"



"¡Venga! Foollow, Foollow me, Follow me"


2 Peter 1:3 says that we have everything we need to live a godly life. That doesn't mean you are going to have every single thing you desire, especially material things. It is so easy to follow God when everything goes according to plan. 

And honestly, what are we lacking?? I opened the pantry this afternoon and it's filled with food. My closet is full with clothes, I have the things I need. I may not have all the things I want, but that's okay. This is exactly the same thing I talked about in a previous post, about owning a house. 

Do I really need more? We are so blessed... We just needed to be reminded. 


Just look at her...



Pinga with Gatito Miau and La Nena



Do we really need more?





















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario